JF ©

The person enrolling a student (except homeless students) in the school for the first time will be asked to produce one (1) of the following proofs:

A.  A certified copy of the child's birth certificate.

B.  Other reliable proof of the student's identity and age, including the student's baptismal certificate, an application for a Social Security number, or original school registration records, and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.

C.  A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student (pursuant to statute) certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law.

The parent, guardian, or surrogate will be given thirty (30) days to provide documentation requested as listed above.  If documentation is not provided, a letter will be sent to notify the parent, guardian, or surrogate that unless the documentation is provided within ten (10) days, the local law enforcement agency will be notified.

Nothing contained in this policy shall authorize the school to disclose to any person a student's educational record without prior parental consent unless the school makes a determination that disclosure of such records is necessary to protect the health and safety of the student.

Certificate  of  Educational
Convenience  Applications

A pupil who is precluded by distance, lack of adequate transportation facilities or a parent’s or guardian’s employment from attending a school in the School District or county of the pupil’s residence or who resides in unorganized territory may apply for a certificate of educational convenience.

A school district that receives an application pursuant to §15-825 shall submit the completed application to the County School Superintendent electronically, in person or by regular mail.

Adopted:  October 11, 2022

42 U.S.C. 11301, McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001,
   as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015

IKEB - Acceleration
JFAA - Admission of Resident Students
JFAB - Admission of Nonresident Students
JFABD - Admission of Homeless Students
JFB - Open Enrollment
JG - Assignment of Students to Classes and Grade Levels
JLCB - Immunizations of Students
JLH - Missing Students
JR - Student Records
JRCA - Request for Transfer of Records