Movies, videos and electronic materials with ratings other than for general audiences of all ages are not to be shown in classrooms or at any District facility (this includes buses and motels where students are present) except when:
● The movie, video or electronic material has been previewed by the teacher or other certificated staff member.
● The movie, video or electronic material has been determined to not contain material that is objectionable or inappropriate for the age group to which it is intended to be shown.
● The responsible school administrator has approved the use of the movie, video or electronic material prior to its showing.
● The teacher or other certificated staff member has provided advance notification to each student's parent(s), or other responsible adult, of the title of the movie, video or electronic material and the date on which it will be shown.
● When a movie, video or electronic material has a rating the above advance notification will include the rating and the source providing the rating.
● A student whose parent(s) or other responsible adult has provided notice of their disapproval will not be permitted to view the movie, video or electronic material.
Parents or guardians have the right to have advance access to instructional materials, learning materials and activities currently in use, or being considered for use, in the District.
Parents have the right to request that their child not view any movie or video, regardless of its rating or the purpose for which it is to be shown.
A parent or guardian who objects to any learning material or activity on the basis that it is harmful includes objection to a material or activity because it questions beliefs or practices in sex, morality, or religion or, because of sexual content, violent content, or profane or vulgar language, may request to withdraw that student from the activity or from the class or program in which the material is used and request an alternative assignment.