The Board authorizes the administration to provide regular school bus transportation to and from school for the following categories:
● Students with disabilities who require transportation, as indicated in their respective individual education programs.
● Students living within a one (1) mile radius of the school where hazardous or difficult routes exist and where other arrangements cannot be provided.
● Students who are residents within a school attendance area and:
■ If common school students, live more than one (1) mile from the school.
■ If high school students, live more than a mile and a half (1 1/2) from the school.
● Transportation for pupils who do not reside within an established school attendance area, limited to no more than twenty (20) miles each way to and from the school of attendance or to and from a pickup point on a regular transportation route or for the total miles traveled each day to an adjacent school for eligible nonresident pupils who meet the economic eligibility requirements established under the National School Lunch and Child Nutrition Acts (42 United States Code sections 1751 through 1785) for free or reduced-price lunches.
● Transportation for homeless students to their school of enrollment, if it is the school of origin, will be arranged as needed by the school liaison for homeless students.
Adopted: date of Manual adoption
42 U.S.C. 11301, McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001
JFABD - Admission of Homeless Students