USE OF TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
Please read this document carefully. When signed by you, it becomes an agreement between you and the District. Your signature indicates that you agree to abide by the conditions and guidelines established herein.
Terms and Conditions of This Agreement
This agreement references Policy IJNDB and shall apply to the following:
● Users of electronic information resources that are utilized with equipment located or accessed in the District.
● Users who obtain their access privileges through association with the District.
● I will accept personal responsibility in reporting any misuse of the network to an administrator. Misuse can come in many forms, but it is commonly viewed as any material sent or received that indicates or suggests pornography, unethical or illegal solicitation, racism, sexism, inappropriate language, or violation of other issues described below.
Acceptable use guidelines:
● I understand that the use of electronic information resources must be in support of education, research, and the educational goals and objectives of the District.
● I understand that electronic mail is not private.
● I understand that many services and products are available for a fee and acknowledge that I am responsible for any expenses incurred.
● I agree to promote acceptable use of the electronic information resources and network etiquette.
● I agree to maintain supervision of students using electronic information resources.
● I agree not to submit, publish, display, or retrieve any defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, racially offensive, or illegal material.
● If I allow others to use my personal account, I agree to directly log on and supervise the account activity. I understand that I am responsible for the proper use of the account, including password protection.
● I will take all reasonable precautions, including password maintenance and file and directory protection measures, to prevent the use of my account by unauthorized persons.
● I will abide by all copyright regulations.
● I will not reveal home addresses or personal phone numbers of others.
● I will not use the network in any way that disrupts the use of the network by others.
● I will not use the network for commercial purposes.
● I will not attempt to harm, modify, or destroy hardware or software, or interfere with system security.
● The use of electronic information resources is a privilege, not a right, and may be revoked at any time.
● The District reserves the right to log the use of all systems and monitor file-server space utilization. Should it become necessary, files may be deleted.
● An administrator may close an account at any time. The administrator's decision may be appealed to the assistant superintendent for educational services. The account shall remain closed through the appeal process. The decision of the assistant superintendent is final.
● The District is not responsible for any service interruptions, changes, or consequences arising therefrom, even if these arise from circumstances under the control of the District.
● The District makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Service is provided on an "as-is, as-available" basis.
● The District reserves the right to establish such rules and regulations as may be necessary for the efficient operation of the electronic information systems.
● Infractions of the provisions set forth in the Electronic Information Resource Agreement may result in suspension or termination of access privileges and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
● Activities in violation of state and federal statutes will be subject to prosecution by those authorities. Disciplinary action may be taken by the District as appropriate.
● Members of the administration, faculty, and staff of the District may request that the administrator deny specific user accounts.
Name (please print) _____________________________________________________
I understand that this access is designed for educational purposes. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by all of the provisions of the Electronic Information Resource Agreement.
Signature ______________________________________________ Date ________